Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sem Wars

You know, word spreads fast... more than just sometimes.

Less than three weeks before its Apostolic Visitation (chaired by whistle-blower Bishop John D'Arcy of Fort Wayne-South Bend), Mount St. Mary's in Emmitsburg dismissed a seminarian earlier today.

Supporters of the guy in question (all of whom are outside the Emmitsburg walls) are ranting, raving and going all kinds of crazy. My inbox is rocking to high heaven.

For my part, all I can say -- all any responsible party would say without a presentation of the evidence -- is that, well, you have to trust that the seminary authorities know what they are doing. Period.

I'm dead serious.

Nobody approaches a decision to dismiss lightly, and I pray that everyone for whom today's action is a moment of sorrow will be able to find peace and find hope.

Still, with less than three weeks before the Visitors show up, all this is more than a bit unsettling....

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home